[RBFOpt] problem with binary vector input and linear constraints

Giacomo Nannicini giacomo.n at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 13:51:42 EST 2018

Hi Zhengxing,
your intuition is correct. Binary variables are natively supported
(just say they are integer and in [0, 1]), but linear constraints are
not. You can add violation of constraints as a penalty to the
objective function. However, I should remark that in practice this
only works in case the feasible region is "lightly constrained". If
finding a feasible point becomes difficult, then the method will fail
because the numerics of the penalty function are typically very bad.

Giacomo