[PuLP] importing large lp files in PuLP

massimiliano manfren massimiliano.manfren at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 06:38:33 EDT 2010

Hi,
my name is Max, I just downloaded PuLP and I would like to ask you first
(I'm a beginner with Python...) how to import lp files (examples) from other
applications without errors.
Second when I perform the test (I have a win7 64 bit, but I installed the
32bit packages) I get this:

Solver pulp.solvers.CPLEX_DLL unavailable.
Solver pulp.solvers.CPLEX_CMD unavailable.
Solver pulp.solvers.COIN_CMD unavailable.
     Testing continuous LP solution
     Testing maximize continuous LP solution
     Testing unbounded continuous LP solution
         Error in CoinMP it reports Optimal
     Testing MIP solution
     Testing MIP relaxation
     Testing feasibility problem (no objective)
     Testing an infeasible problem
     Testing an integer infeasible problem
         Error in CoinMP to be fixed, reports Optimal
     Testing column based modelling
     Testing column based modelling with empty constraints
     Testing dual variables and slacks reporting
     Testing resolve of problem
     Testing Sequential Solves
     Testing fractional constraints
     Testing elastic constraints (no change)
     Testing elastic constraints (freebound)
     Testing elastic constraints (penalty unchanged)
     Testing elastic constraints (penalty unbounded)
* Solver pulp.solvers.COINMP_DLL passed.
Solver pulp.solvers.GLPK_CMD unavailable.
Solver pulp.solvers.XPRESS unavailable.
Solver pulp.solvers.GUROBI unavailable.

Are the two errors "normal" or do I have to do something to fix them?

Thanks in advance for the help

MM