[Project-managers] Jenkins plugin updates and other matters

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sat Oct 22 18:57:25 EDT 2016

If you don't use COIN-OR's Jenkins system, you can ignore this. If you
do use it, note the following developments.

 * Our current version is jenkins-2.19.1-1.1.noarch.
 * I just went through and updated quite a few of our Jenkins system
   plugins. Let me know if you see any issues as a result.
 * There are two plugins that I did not update because of warnings that
   the settings format changed across versions. Jobs using these
   plugins may need to be reconfigured or clean reversions may not be
   possible. If you use these, please let me know and check the plugin
   release notes. If I don't hear from anyone by October 31, I will
   update these. The affected plugins are:
    * SSH Agent Plugin, from 1.3 to 1.13. https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/d
      isplay/JENKINS/SSH+Agent+Plugin
    * CMake plugin from 1.9 to 2.4.4. https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/displ
      ay/JENKINS/CMake+Plugin
 * There is a Jenkins security subsystem to manage the interaction
   between slave and master processes. Currently, that system is off.
   This means that slaves can make arbitrary requests to the master
   system, which seems like a serious risk. I would like to turn this
   system on, but I will wait until October 31 to hear from anyone who
   might be affected. Information is at https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/dis
   play/JENKINS/Slave+To+Master+Access+Control.

Thanks for your attention.
--
Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Math Sciences