[Project-managers] Call for abstracts and papers on software for Mathematical Optimization

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Wed Mar 30 23:23:20 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Sorry for spamming this list a bit, but we're organizing a cluster on
Optimization Software for the International Conference on Mathematical
Software in Berlin July 11-14.

http://events.zib.de/ICMS_MathOpt_2016/

This seemed of particular interest to this group and I wanted to personally
invite all of you to submit an abstract. In addition, there will also be an
associated special issue of Optimization Methods and Software. More
information is below. Please let me know if you're interested in either of
these opportunities. Thanks!

Ted

*CALL FOR PAPERS*
Papers on the topic of

MATHEMATICAL OPTIMIZATION SOFTWARE

will be considered for peer-reviewed publication in a special issue
of the journal Optimization Methods and Software (OMS):

http://www.tandfonline.com/goms

The journal impact factor is 1.624, and the yearly best publication
in OMS is awarded the Charles Broyden prize:

http://explore.tandfonline.com/page/est/charles-broyden-prize

The quality and topics of the submissions should correspond to the
high standards of publications in OMS and its Aims and Scope:

http://www.tandfonline.com/action/journalInformation?show=aimsScope&journalCode=goms20

This special issue is dedicated, but not limited to presentations
featured at the ICMS 2016 Session on Mathematical Optimization

http://events.zib.de/ICMS_MathOpt_2016

as part of the 5th International Congress on Mathematical Software
held July 11-14, 2016, at Zuse Institute Berlin.

*Guest Editors*
Ambros Gleixner (Zuse Institute Berlin, Germany)
http://www.zib.de/gleixner/

Christian Kirches (IWR Heidelberg/TU Braunschweig, Germany)
http://www.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/groups/optimus/people/kirches/

John Mitchell (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA)
http://www.rpi.edu/~mitchj/

Ted Ralphs (Lehigh University, USA)
http://coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted/

Contact: icms_mathopt_2016 at zib.de

*Submission Guidelines*
The deadline for submission to the special issue is

September 15, 2016.

The paper length should not exceed 25 journal pages.  Submissions
should follow the journal's style and guidelines under

http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=goms20&page=instructions

Manuscript submission must be made online via the journal's
ScholarOne Manuscripts site

http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/goms

which will be open from July 15, right after ICMS 2016.  To specify
the special issue, please choose "MOS".

Note that this is independent from the abstract submission deadline
for presenting at ICMS, which is March 31.  See the session webpage

http://events.zib.de/ICMS_MathOpt_2016

for further details.