[Project-managers] More revisions to projDesc.xml

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Oct 29 12:21:26 EDT 2015

Folks,

     Back in November 2014 I emailed you to tell you about changes to
projDesc.xml (email copied below for reference). As part of the ongoing
(never ending?) effort to bring up a new web site, we're about to make a
few more changes. The previous changes cleaned up the automated
generation of the standard project page for each project. This set of
changes will allow us to automatically generate the main Projects page,
http://www.coin-or.org/projects.

     As a Project Manager, the change that might interest you is that
the short (one or two sentence) description of your project on the
Projects page will now be part of projDesc.xml and under your control.

     We have some final testing to do in the context of the new web
site. I'll send a brief email when I commit the modified projDesc.xml files.

     As mentioned in the earlier email, you really do need a
projDesc.xml file for your project or it will become invisible. If you
have questions or objections, please let me know.

                                       Thanks,
                                                Lou