[Project-managers] Git hub mirroring

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Sun Jan 4 22:53:28 EST 2015

Hi Yann,

I did look at submodules and also subtrees, but neither do exactly what we
would want (I can tell you the details if you are interested). It seems to
me that the best option at the moment is to provide a script that checks
out all of the dependencies into separate subdirectories. We have discussed
getting rid of the root directories of the individual projects and just
using such a script to download dependencies and build even on the SVN
side. This would perhaps make things easier all around. A while back, we
made it possible to build install each project separately, linking against
the previously installed binaries at each step so this kind of build
process would not be too difficult. We will see what emerges as we discuss
this.

Cheers,

Ted

Dr. Ted Ralphs