[Project-managers] Changes to MSVC++ files

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Thu May 31 19:04:08 EDT 2012

Hi all,

If you do not maintain MSVC++ files for your project, you can ignore this
e-mail.

For all others, I wanted to let you know that I recently made changes to
the MSVC++ project files for all projects currently included in the MSVC++
build for CoinAll. These changes are intended to make it much easier to
keep settings in sync between multiple projects within a solution and also
to allow for building with multiple versions of the MSVC++ compiler through
a single version of the GUI. There are still quite a few projects out there
with MSVC++ files that I did not touch and even some files within modified
projects that I have not gotten to (such as unit tests and etc.), so I
wanted to tell you about the change in case you want to follow suit and
convert to the new set-up (this should be quite easy). To see a description
of the changes, first go here:

https://projects.coin-or.org/MSVisualStudio/wiki/WikiStart#NeoclassicalConfiguration

To convert an existing project to use the new property sheets, first go to
the Property Manager from the View menu, Right-click on the project to
which you want to add a property sheet and choose "Add Existing Property
Sheet".

After adding the property sheet, go through the properties for the project
itself and change all common ones to the option <inherit from parent or
project defaults>. This property will then be set to whatever the property
sheet dictates. This way, you can change properties for all projects in a
solution simultaneously and ensure they are in sync. Let me know if you
have any questions.

Cheers,

Ted
--