[Project-managers] Problems with Trac?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sat Jun 2 14:59:58 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 21:24 -0600, Brian Borchers wrote:
> On May 21, I received an email from the csdp-tickets mailing list with a
> bug report.  However, when I login to the project list and search for "All
> Tickets", I don't see this ticket.  In fact, the most recent ticket is from
> 2010.  How did this email get through to the csdp-tickets mailing list and
> not appear as a ticket on the web site?

What's happening is, people are reporting bugs directly to the
csdp-tickets mailing list, rather than filing them as tickets.  There's
certainly a way to set the list up so that anyone who tries that is
directed to the appropriate Trac page.  I'll have to figure that out and
implement it for all the ticket lists.

Meanwhile, the proper response to any post that isn't actually a
reflected ticket (with a ticket number and info block) is to direct the
sender to post a real ticket.

Matt