[Project-managers] Soliciting opinions on prepare_new_stable script

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Mon May 3 19:57:59 EDT 2010

Folks,

        Not too many days back, I rashly stated that I'd do up a
prepare_new_stable script the next time I needed to do it.  Which turns out to
be now, much to my chagrin.  Looking back over change logs, I can see that
people have created new stable releases from previous stable releases, and
directly from trunk.

        First question:  Has anyone else bothered to cobble this together?
Please, tell me now.

        Second question:  Does anyone have a strong preference for starting from
the previous stable, vs. starting from trunk?  Is flexibility important?

	If you have other suggestions, now's the time to get them in.

						Thanks,
							Lou