[Project-managers] One more request

Michael Trick trick at cmu.edu
Thu Jul 22 10:28:10 EDT 2010

Sorry for the flurry of requests.  As part of a prize application, I am
looking to bolster the argument for COIN-OR as a organizing force.  So,
while I have a number of examples like "COIN-OR software helped me do this
project, or do this paper", I would like something (if true!) along the
lines of "Because by project is part of COIN-OR, I am better able to...
coordinate with other codes, find interested people, distribute more widely,
not worry about licenses, whatever".  Project Managers seem to ideal group
to provide such feedback.  Anyone have a paragraph or two of why having your
project as part of COIN-OR is better than having it part of, say,
SourceForge?

Mike

Michael Trick                      trick at cmu.edu
Professor and Associate Dean, Research