[Project-managers] COIN-OR INFORMS Cup - Call for Nominations

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Mon Sep 14 15:16:38 EDT 2009

        The 2009 COIN-OR INFORMS Cup will be awarded at the INFORMS
conference next month.  Now is the time for nominations!

        Details are below and are available online at
http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup09.html

        Let me just highlight a few points:
          * We are looking for effective uses of COIN-OR or valuable
contributions to COIN-OR.
          * Self-nomination is welcomed.
          * We especially encourage nominations of effective use of
COIN-OR that the community may not know about.

        Questions can be directed to me or to coin-cup at coin-or.org.
Thanks!

        Bill

        -----------

        Rules:

        *       A submission or nomination must contain:

        1.      A synopsis of an effective use of COIN-OR or valuable
contribution to COIN-OR (or both!).
        2.      An explanation of its significance.

        *       The winner must accept the prize in person at the 2009
INFORMS meeting --- so we can all celebrate appropriately (see "Long
Ceremony" below).
        *       Submission deadline: Friday October 2, 2008.
        *       Self-nomination is welcomed.
        *       We especially encourage nominations of effective use of
COIN-OR that the community may not know about.

        Submissions will be judged by a committee of members of the
COIN-OR Foundation, Inc.

        Long Ceremony: The actual awarding of the COIN-OR INFORMS Cup
will take place during a long ceremony at a congenial locale where cups
are welcome (see below). All entrants and their supporters are welcome
to join in the celebration and regale (rile) the prize winners.

        *       Day: Monday, October 12th
        *       Time: 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM
        *       Location: TBA

        The winner will be posted on the COIN-OR website.

        Please e-mail your submissions to coin-cup
<mailto:coin-cup at coin-or.org>