[Project-managers] MSVC++ Support

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Tue May 12 03:30:28 EDT 2009

Hi All,

A while back, the TLC had decided that we should standardize on
providing project files only for MSVC++ version 8, even though the
latest version was 9. This was decided because the version 8 compiler
was freely available and the converter seemed to work well.
Maintaining two sets of project files was not seen as a good idea. In
the meantime, Microsoft has discontinued support and distribution of
MSVC++ Express Version 8 and has made MSVC++ Express Version 9
available instead. JP Fasano and I together have now created version 9
project files for most projects and I have also created a MSVC++
solution for CoinAll. So it looks like our decision not to switch to
version 9 has been more or less overcome by events now and it will
make the most sense to move forward supporting version 9. Let me know
if you have any questions or problems with this.

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Associate Professor, Lehigh University (permanent)

Sent from Islington, New South Wales, Australia