[Project-managers] [Coin-tlc] BSP 2009

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sun Jul 5 21:51:16 EDT 2009

I would still vote strongly for Skype. I will add anyone who wants to
participate to the chat ahead of time and then all the history will be
available to everyone, even after the fact, regardless of whether they
were logged on at the time or not. That's a big advantage for Skype.
If someone wants to join during the BSP and I'm not available, anyone
who's part of the chat can invite others as well, so just posting an
e-mail or a Skype chat message to someone who's part of the chat will
suffice. It shouldn't be a big problem.

Kipp, Skype is easy to install and you don't need any special hardware
to participate in chats.  Just Google "download skype". You just need
a Skype account, which can be created for free in a matter of seconds.
Skype chat works exactly like IRC except for the advantage of having
access to the history. To have a voice chat, you would just need a
microphone (assuming your computer already has speakers). Pretty much
all laptops have a built-in mic and speakers and will work with Skype
out of the box. I promise you will be glad to know about Skype after
you learn how to use it :).

Cheers,

Ted