[Project-managers] BSP changes merged to Osi, new release scripts

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Oct 9 21:00:59 EDT 2008

Folks,

	I've finally managed to push my head above water long enough to merge
the BSP changes in the Osi trunk and commit the long-promised updated release
scripts.

	I've tested Osi on Sun (Studio/GCC x debug/optimised x 32/64 bit) and on
Fedora 9 (GCC x debug/optimised x 32-bit).  I hope nothing else breaks.

	The release scripts have worked for me for the last two releases without
tweaks, so I'm hoping they're safe.  Maintainers of ThirdParty and Data --- when
you specify the BuildTools URL, you'll need to use a -b option.  Other features:

    -i will warn about a BuildTools inconsistency but soldier on.

    -s allows you to specify external projects which should not be converted to
       releases during release generation.  Originally allowed me to handle the
       circular dependency between DyLP and Osi, but generally useful for
       prototyping a release candidate against other stable versions when
       there's no corresponding release.

If you specify a release in the Externals file, it's used as is, with a warning.

	For those of you keeping track:  My house is rewired, with multiple
upgrades.  Passed electrical inspection Monday last, and had the attic
reinsulated yesterday.  Still have to reassemble the basement.  I finally have a
working Gnome 2.22 on Solaris 10.  And I'm about to go off the Information
Highway for a week (family).  When I get back, I hope to finally be pretty much
functional again.

							Lou