[Project-managers] any interest in being involved in a COIN-OR workshop at the INFORMS annual meeting this October?

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 19 11:15:03 EST 2008

Project Managers:

Looking for an opportunity to grow the user-base & development community
around your project?

At the INFORMS annual meeting, three-hour workshops are offered by
software companies (e.g. in 2007,
http://meetings.informs.org/Seattle07/vendor.html).
The extended format makes it possible to do things like....
   - "installfests" where participants can download your project s/w on to
their own machine
   - "hands-on" activities where people bringing computers can get their
toes wet
   -  tutorials where would-be users & developers can get a gentle (or
advance) intro to your project
   - working sessions, where extended discussions on design details can be
held face-to-face
   - etc.

Do you have any level of interest in getting involved in a workshop at the
upcoming annual meeting in DC ( http://meetings.informs.org/DC08/ )? Send
me a note by March 1, 2008, and we'll take it from there.

Feel in this instance it's better to "receive" than to "give?"  Tell me
what kinda workshop you'd attend  (e.g. BuildTools-101?).  Feedback
welcome.

Robin
Outreach Commitee Chair, COIN-OR Foundation

Robin Lougee-Heimer, PhD
Program Manager, COIN-OR
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://www.coin-or.org