[Project-managers] Short-term access to a Solaris x86 box needed

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Fri Nov 16 20:12:36 EST 2007

Folks,

	Apologies for catching some of you twice.

	In the never-ending effort to get the AMPL solver interface library
(ThirdParty/ASL) to build on all platforms supported by the Coin build system,
we've run across a problem:  On Solaris x86 systems, ASL needs a small bit of
assembly code (fpsetprec) to adjust floating point precision.  Unfortunately,
the current bit of assembly code works only for 32-bit builds.  The Solaris and
GCC assemblers choke in a 64-bit build.

	David Gay, one of the maintainers of ASL, is willing to try to write an
appropriate bit of 64-bit assembler, but needs access to a Solaris x86 box
capable of doing 64-bit builds.  I've made a few individual inquiries, to no
avail.

	Would one of you be able to give David ssh access to a suitable Solaris
x86 system?  I'd guess this will light use and require less than two weeks,
perhaps much less, but that's just a guess.

	If you have a suitable system, please let me (lou at cs.sfu.ca) know and
I'll put you in touch with David.

						Thanks,
							Lou