[Project-managers] Auto-generated project information pages

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Fri May 25 13:44:06 EDT 2007

Brian Borchers wrote:
> I'm very much in favor of doing this.
>
> I'd suggest adding to the page:
>
>   - A link to "Documentation"

This may be tricky, since documentation takes different forms for
different projects, but there is already such a link of the left-side
menu for the Example project and I just added one for SYMPHONY. Should
it be in the main text? It seems that the left-side menu links are not
that noticeable. For the documentation link, I guess the best strategy
is to let each PM designate a URL for documentation, whatever form it
takes. Many projects have Doxygen documentation, which is in a standard
location, but not all do.

>   - A space for "Requires" to list libraries that might be required to
>     use the software (e.g. BLAS/LAPACK.)

The section "Other Linked Projects" was supposed to be for listing these
requirements. Is that heading too vague? Should it be "Other Required
Software" perhaps? Or perhaps an FAQ entry explaining what a "linked
project is?

Cheers,

Ted
--