[Project-managers] New Draft Project Management Guidelines

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Fri Mar 23 00:00:04 EDT 2007

Hi all,

The TLC has finally finished another draft of the project management
guidelines based on feedback regarding the first one. This is a pretty
substantial revision based on much discussion, but I think it's a big
improvement. We've done a lot to try to improve the flexibility of the
project acceptance and maintenance process by adding project
classifications. There is no longer a "one size fits all" solution. A
big change is the formal recognition of project classifications based on
the maturity of each project. Project submission and maintenance
requirements are based on the classification level the project manager
wishes to maintain. We've proposed the creation of a new "repository
manager" position to be responsible for overseeing periodic reviews of
projects and deciding on changes in classification. Please let us know
what you think. We will be discussing the guidelines at Tuesday's TLC
meeting.

https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinTLC/wiki/MeetingNotes032707

Cheers,

Ted