[Project-managers] handling of doxygen docs and "static" pages on COIN-OR

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 1 15:03:14 EST 2007

Hi Dear PMs,

This is your friendly webmaster. You may or may not remember, but there was a
plan to slightly rehaul the static pages (i.e., the plain html pages, not the
trac pages) of the projects so that they would reside in the projects'
repository and not in the big CoinWeb repository.

Well, the way we originally planned does not work for technical reasons (if
anyone is interested I'd be glad to give the gory details of Apache rewrite
rules). However, we came up with a different way to achieve the same goal. The
good news is that the solution we eventually came up with is a lot closer to
what was implemented before :-)!

Anyway, visit https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/wiki/pm-svn-server to
see the details of what's happening on the server each time something is
committed and every night.

A short summary of the part that relates to doxygen docs and static pages is
here. For project FOO
1) that has doxygen documentation, the docs are extracted and are
   available at www.coin-or.org/Doxygen/FOO
2) the content in the 'html' subdir of FOO's repository is extracted and is
   available at  www.coin-or.org/FOO. If the PM does not create an index.html
   file there then a default one is created that is an automatic redirect to
   the trac page of the project.

Let us know if you dislike any of the changes so that we can work out
something that's mutually agreeable.

Thanks,
--Laci