[Project-managers] Changes committed to some projects

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu Dec 27 23:08:38 EST 2007

This message only concerns the project managers of:

Alps
Bcp
Bcps
Blis
Cbc
Cgl
Clp
CoinUtils
DyLP
FlopCpp
OS
Osi
Smi
SYMPHONY
Vol

If your project is not on this list, you can ignore this message...

-------- 8< --------------------------------------------

Dear project managers,

As announced earlier by Ted, the TLC suggested to modify what happens when
a user types 'make install' :

1. Header files are now installed in a 'coin' subdirectory of the
    include directory;

2. If the documentation files AUTHOR, README, LICENSE are present,
    they are installed in

      share/doc/PROJECT_NAME

For each of the above listed projects, I made some changes to some of
the Makefile.am files, as well as some Makefile.in files in the
"example" subdirectories.  I hope I caught all cases, but you might want
to make sure that your example programs still compile.

I made those changes in the latest stable branches, and then merged
them also into the trunk branches.  If you are working in additional
branches, you might want to make sure that those changes are also
merge into those, so that they don't get lost at a later point.

Using the browser tab of the Trac page of your project, you will be
able to see the changes that I made.

In case you have questions, feel free to contact members of the TLC.
I will be conveniently on vacation Dec 28 - Jan 3 ;-)

A Happy New Year to everyone!

Andreas