[Project-managers] editing external codes

Matthew Galati Matthew.Galati at sas.com
Fri Apr 6 12:42:26 EDT 2007

In one of the examples in my project DECOMP, I use a GPL licensed code (Cliquer). In my INSTALL, I provide the user the option to download and link with it or not (and give them www). It works fine with unix flavors, but Cliquer was never written to run on Windows. I can fix the Cliquer code to compile in Windows with a few ifdef's.

But, now how does this work? I know I am not suppose to distribute Cliquer via svn. If so, I could just provide my "adjusted" Cliquer.

I guess, this is a general question -- how do I distribute derivatives of other external codes to be used with my COIN project?

Thanks,
Matt