[Project-managers] Generation of Links for Data Files

Kipp Martin kipp.martin at chicagogsb.edu
Mon Oct 30 18:36:49 EST 2006

Hi:

I wonder if another project manager might help with problem.

I have some data files that are required by the unitTest and some other
example executables that I build.  I currently put these files in a data
directory in my project root. That is, the files are in

OS/data

If someone does a VPATH configuration I want them to be able to access
these files.  I tried the following for an example file parincLinear.osil:

AC_COIN_VPATH_LINK(data/parincLinear.osil)

However this does not work. Assume someone connects to my project root
directory and creates a new directory

mkdir build

and then runs configure from the new build directory, i.e.

../configure

Then configure script produces an error message when it tries to create
a symbolic link to the data files. The reason (I think) is that the data
directory (even though it is in the svn repository) does NOT get created
in build/OS. That is, there is no build/OS/data directory created by
configure. Hence there is no directory to put the symbolic link into.
Any ideas how to overcome this problem?

Thanks,

--
Kipp Martin