[Osi] [OSI] [Request For Comments] Discovering libraries at runtime

Christophe-Marie Duquesne chm.duquesne at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 12:34:31 EDT 2012

Some additional comments about the patch itself:

It should be obvious to anyone reading it that if you only apply it
raw, you will be missing a lot of stuff and the code won't compile.
You need a few additional steps. For those who are interested in
actually testing this patch, please read my comment to the related
ticket [1]. There is a short step by step tutorial out there.

Also, I did not attempt to detect the presence of lazylpsolverlibs on
the system in the autoconf macro. This is clearly on the TODO list,
but first I would like to have feedback from the BuildTools project:
Coin-Osi build system is based on old autotools macros that requires
building former versions of autoconf/automake/libtool and I do not
feel very comfortable with writing too much code targeting these
versions, especially if a version update is planned soon...

Installation of lazylpsolverlibs is quite trivial, but in case anyone
wonders how to actually test whether it performed fine or not, the
package comes with an handy tool test_lazylpsolverlibs that will try
to load various solvers and solve problems. More information can be
grabbed from the wiki [2].

[1]: https://projects.coin-or.org/Osi/ticket/95
[2]: https://code.google.com/p/lazylpsolverlibs/wiki/HowToSetup