[Osi] Maintainer of OsiMsk

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Wed Dec 5 10:38:56 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 14:53 +0100, Erling D. Andersen wrote:
> Hi
>

> Originally one of our employees (Bo) build the interface.  But he has
> left the MOSEK. Together with him all knowledge of COIN, OSI and
> OsiMsk also left.
>

> We are small company with limited resources and currently our
> resources are better spend on other projects than OsiMsk. In other
> words it seems the usage OsiMsk is much smaller than say the R to
> MOSEK interface. Therefore, we will no longer maintain OsiMsk. Sorry.
> However, we are willing to assist another person in doing the job e.g.
> provide a license etc. I do not think it requires a lot of work for a
> person with good knowledge of the Osi way of doing things.
>

> Based on this information I understand you may want to kill OsiMsk.
> That is fine from our perspective.

Generally, we prefer not to kill interfaces, but the more hands we have,
the easier it is to maintain the several interfaces we do have.  One
possibility is if you have users who are incorporating OsiMsk in their
own work who would be willing to volunteer some programmer time to
maintain OsiMsk or at least provide some assistance.  Once the interface
is stable, it need not take a lot of work.  (Anyone reading this who is
interested is welcome to volunteer as well.) If the COIN team needs to
do any of this work, it would be helpful (read necessary) for us to have
a Mosek license and documentation of your API.  Obviously, our policy
would be to restrict the use of that license to OsiMsk development.

There will be one burst of work to port the Mosek interface to the new
OSI, which is under development.  But (a) that's in the future and (b)
maintenance should be even easier with the new OSI.

> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Christophe-Marie Duquesne
> <chmd at chmd.fr> wrote:
>         Hi,
>
>         In the source code [1][2], the email contact is
>         support at MOSEK.com. I
>         guess it is best if it is someone from Mosek who pursues the
>         development.
>
>         [1]:
>         https://projects.coin-or.org/Osi/browser/trunk/Osi/src/OsiMsk/OsiMskSolverInterface.hpp
>         [2]: