[Osi] [OSI] [Request For Comments] Discovering libraries at runtime

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Sun Apr 29 08:39:42 EDT 2012

Hi,

it seems like you have not got any reply for a while (my excuse:
vacation :-)). Having a possibility to load the solver library
dynamically is a good thing.

What is your plan with the lazylpsolverlibs project? Do you want to keep
it at google-code, contribute it to COIN-OR as a separate project, or
even have it become a part of Osi? (There is probably not much reason
for the latter, except that Osi would not have to check for it's presence.)

To integrate the patch into Osi, one would need to adapt it so that the
source can still be compiled as before if the solver lib is present in
the system.
I could probably help on the detection of lazylpsolverlibs in configure.
I don't know when the autotools update will be ready, better do not wait
for it.

What do you think should be the next steps?

Best,
Stefan

PS: Ipopt has something similar to load a linear (equation) solver
dynamically at runtime, but it doesn't depend on gmodule.