[Osi] Warm starting and rhs modification

Alexander Sviridenko oleks.sviridenko at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 18:53:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm using OsiSymSolverInterface and would like to resolve a MILP
problem after right-hand-side modification by using warm starting. But
when I use setWarmStart() and call resolve(), the solver prints:

"sym_warm_solve(): SYMPHONY can not resolve for the
rhs or column bounds change when cuts exist, for now!"

I was trying to do setSymParam("generate_cgl_cuts", FALSE), but this
leads me to "Segmentation fault". People suggest to use
branchAndBound() again instead of resolve(). But in this case there is
no profit from warm starting.

Could anybody suggest how to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Alexander