[Osi] lazylpsolverlibs

Christophe-Marie Duquesne chm.duquesne at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:03:32 EDT 2011

Hi list,

I've been working on a little project that would allow to package OSI
with a minimum set of changes. You will find it along with some
explanations on the following page:
https://code.google.com/p/lazylpsolverlibs/.

If OSI starts using it, I believe the amount of changes needed in the
code would be of about 4 lines per class (basically, some calls in the
constructors/destructors). No changes in the interface would be
required. The end user would tell OSI where are the solver libraries
by adding them with an environment variable (through LD_LIBRARY_PATH
on linux, PATH on windows).

If you are on a system that supports rpm/deb, and you have
cplex/xpress/gurobi, here is how you can help:
1) make sure the libraries for the solvers you have are reachable by
the system (adding their directories - the one that contains
libsolver.so - in LD_LIBRARY_PATH).
2) install lazyplpsolverlibs and run the executable
"lazylpsolverlibs". This binary basically tries to load the solvers
libraries and to solve a problem.
3) tell me what issues you get through the bugtracker:
https://code.google.com/p/lazylpsolverlibs/issues/list

xpressmp is the only solver I could not test, so feedback on this one
would be very appreciated.

If you are on windows, I still do not provide an installer, but if you
are skilled you should manage to build the library (I managed to do
this today using eclipse: if you want to give it a try let me know).
Any help would be very appreciated regarding this platform.

--
Christophe-Marie Duquesne
06 84 14 26 82 - mobile