[Osi] warning on comment in OsiSolverInterface.hpp (trunk)

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Fri Jan 7 17:18:20 EST 2011

Matt,

> [ What's the point of ...

  virtual bool setHintParam(OsiHintParam key, bool yesNo=true,
                            OsiHintStrength strength=OsiHintTry,
                            void */*otherInformation*/ = NULL) {
> ... ]

	Yeah, this puzzled me, too, the first time I ran across it.  My
interpretation is that it's one way of clearly indicating that the parameter is
not used, while still satisfying the requirements of the method signature.

	I'm happy to get rid of it as I find it, particularly if it's causing
warnings.  Is there anyone reading who's willing to speak in favour of keeping
this idiom?

							Lou