[Osi] Multi-threaded DLL

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Sat Apr 16 11:16:53 EDT 2011

Julien,

> Hi all - I have installed the CoinAll files from
> http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/CoinAll/CoinAll-1.3.1-VisualStudio2008.zip
>
> I noticed that the examples from that distribution must have the
> Multi-threaded (/MT) runtime library.
>
> I have a project that use the Multi-threaded DLL (/MD) runtime library. How
> can I use the COIN-OR files in that setting?

	COIN has switched to multi-threaded DLL in trunk and added support for
VS2010. The MSVisualStudio wiki
(https://projects.coin-or.org/MSVisualStudio) has details. These change
will make their way out to the stable and release branches in time, but
I'm afraid I don't have a timeline. One of the other developers closer
to the binary builds may be able to comment.

	If it's possible for you to check out code and build from source, check
out CoinAll-1.5.1 from the svn repository and try that. (See the COIN
Binary wiki, https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinBinary/wiki, for directions.)

	If it's not possible for you to build from source, I think you'll have
to wait for the next round of binary releases.

						Lou