[Osi] How to define SOS constraint

Christian Schmidt Christian2.Schmidt at gmx.de
Tue May 18 16:07:54 EDT 2010

Hi John,

thank you very much your answer. With your help, I was able to add SOS constraints and receive correct results.

But the performance is terrible! With one of my small real world problems I could solve using SOS in 2.5 secs and using binary variables instead of SOS in only 0.6 secs.
A medium sized problem was solved with binaries within 6 secs and did not solve within 5 minutes using SOS.

Why is that? Is there still something wrong?
At least in theory, the solver should benefit significantly from SOS...

Any ideas?