[Osi] virtual CoinWarmstart* OsiCpxSolverInterface::getWarmStart() const: Assertion `!probtypemip_` failed

Christophe-Marie Duquesne chm.duquesne at gmail.com
Tue May 18 05:58:20 EDT 2010

Hi,

In OsiSolverInterface::getWarmStart(), of which specification is:

"Return warm start information for the current state of the solver
interface. If there is no valid warm start information, an empty warm
start object wil be returned."

When using cplex, the assertion `!probtypemip` fails for me. I guess
that would be because my problem is a MIP, but shouldn't this method
return an empty warm start object instead? For example instead of

assert (!probtypemip_);

at OsiCpxSolverInterface.cpp:679,

there could be something like

if (!probtypemip_)
  {
    // return an empty warmstart object
  }

What do you think?

Cheers,
Christophe-Marie Duquesne

PS: Let me know if you want me to file a ticket.