[Osi] Osi Link Error Message

Julien Granger juliengranger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 07:07:03 EDT 2010

(apologies for multiple postings)

Hello - I am trying to run Osiexample.cpp in MS Visual Studio 2008 and get
the error message below.
Linking...
CoinOR Example.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall OsiClpSolverInterface::OsiClpSolverInterface(void)" (
??0OsiClpSolverInterface@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function _main
C:\Documents and Settings\usajxg3\My Documents\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\CoinOR Example\Debug\CoinOR Example.exe : fatal error LNK1120:
1 unresolved externals

Could you please give me a hint as to the cause of the error? My steps were:

- download and unzip "CoinAll-1.3.0-win32-msvc9" in "C:\Program
Files\coin\CoinAll-1.3.0-win32-msvc9"
- copy and paste all ".lib" files from the above directory into
"C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib"
- create a "CoinOR Example" Solution project in MSVS, add Osiexample.cpp as
source code
- in Project properties, set "C:\Program
Files\coin\CoinAll-1.3.0-win32-msvc9\include\coin" in
C/C++>General>Additional include directories
- build solution. The error message above appears

Thank you,
-- Julien