[Osi] issue in OsiCbc - corrupting bounds

Matthew Galati Matthew.Galati at sas.com
Mon Aug 9 11:15:33 EDT 2010

Using OsiCbc.

I have a 2 variable example where x[0] in [0,6] and x[1] in [0,6].

Checking m_osi.getColLower and getColUpper, everything looks ok at the start.

I do:
  m_osi.setObjective(xxx);
  m_osi.branchAndBound()

I then check, m_osi.getColLower and getColUpper and the bounds have changed. This breaks my 2nd time thru.

Presumably, they are pointing to the internal bounds which may be changing due to reduced cost fixing or something else. This does not seem like the correct behavior. This is not how OsiCpx works. The bounds are kept intact after a call to branchAndBound.

Thanks,
Matt