[Osi] How to speed-up flop-osi-cbc ?

Renato Bruni bruni at diei.unipg.it
Tue Sep 29 14:34:02 EDT 2009

Hello everybody,

we are migrating from Cplex to FlpoC++/Osi/(Cbc or Glpk or Symphony).
We are currently running some tests, but it seems that we need some advice
to speed-up the open source solvers.

We are compiling all with gcc with option -O2 (optimization) but it does not
seem much faster than the debug version. Which options would you recommend
for speed? Also, we tried to disable messages from the solvers with the
FlopC++ option "silent", but they write the same messages than before. Which
other option we can try? Is there some other speed option (cut generation?)
that maybe is disabled and one should enable? And how? Pointers to some
documentation are appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Best regards,
Renato Bruni