[Osi] configuring osi for Xpress on Linux x64

Michal Kaut mail at michalkaut.net
Tue Sep 8 10:08:04 EDT 2009

Hello,

can someone help me to configure Osi for use with Xpress on Linux x64,
please? The configure script stops with the following message:
checking if user provides library for Xpress... yes
checking whether symbol XPRSsetintcontrol is available with XPR... no
configure: error: Cannot find symbol(s) XPRSsetintcontrol with XPR
configure: error: /bin/bash '../../Osi/configure' failed for Osi

I have added the following to <build-folder>/share/config.site:
with_xpress_incdir='/home/michal/xpress/xpress2008a/include'
with_xpress_lib='-L/home/michal/xpress/xpress2008a/lib -lxprs'

The Xpress-MP in /home/michal/xpress/xpress2008a/ is a x64 Linux
version. It works on CentOS and I tried or Xubuntu, but that should not
matter, should it?
/home/michal/xpress/xpress2008a/include includes (among others) xprs.h.
/home/michal/xpress/xpress2008a/lib includes libxprs.so (a link to
libxprs.so.19.00.00. There are no static libraries there.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Michal