[Osi] Problem in linking Coin-Osi in an Eclipse managed C++ project (undefined reference to class)

ashis banerjee ashis.banerjee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:17:39 EST 2009

Hi,
     I'm a new user of Coin-Osi and have recently started programming in
Eclipse CDT in Linux Ubuntu OS. Since I'm more familiar with programming in
MS Visual Studio environment, I decided to use the Managed Make C++ project
configuration in Eclipse 3.2, so that I can get away without having to write
the makefile myself. However, I'm now encountering the following error:

undefined reference to OsiCbcSolverInterface::*function_name*
  **
when I'm trying to build my code in both debug and release versions. I
believe that this is a linker error (and not a compiler one) since all the
relevant include directories have been added in the project settings and the
project is detecting the source files (e.g. CoinPackedMatrix.hpp) correctly.
I searched online and found out that this type of error typically occurs
when the .o files haven't been written correctly and the libraries have been
linked before the code that actually uses them. Is this what is happening in
my case? If so, is there a way to resolve this issue without having to write
a correct makefile myself? I'm facing the same problem in the latest Eclipse
Galieo version as well when I'm using the C++ executable project option.

    I shall sincerely appreciate if sometime can point out a solution. I
look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks and regards,
Ashis