[Osi] Several integers solutions

Nathann Cohen nathann.cohen at sophia.inria.fr
Fri Jul 31 05:01:58 EDT 2009

Hello everybody !

I have been solving continuous and integer programs with Cbc for some time
now and it works absolutely fine !
Now, I would like to add some spices to what I am doing with it, by trying
to compute several integers solutions to linear programs.

For example, I would like the following program ( with x and y binary
variables ) :

Max:
   x + y
Constraints :
  x + y <= 1

to return the two solutions : x = 0, y=1 and x=1,y=0.

I saw there were functions in OsiClpInterface like setMaximumSolution and
getMaximumSolutions. I also found the function getSolutionCount in CbcModel
but it does not seem to do what I want it to do ;-)
I set the Maximum Number of Solutions to 200 and checked with
getMaximumSolutions there was no problem assigning the value, but when I
solve the previous problem getSolutionCount always return 1. Would you know
how to make it work properly  ? Would you have an example where several
solutions are found, which I could read to see both how it is done, and how
to iterate through all the solutions found after ? It it possible to set the
infinity as the MaximumNumber of solution if I want all of them ( I know
this can grow quite huge ! )

Thank you very much for your help !

Nathann Cohen