[Osi] Problem with Osi and cplex

Mathieu LACROIX lacroix at lamsade.dauphine.fr
Mon Jan 19 11:06:04 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm now using Cbc project to implement a branch and cut algorithm. Using
Clp, everything works well. However, when I compile and execute
the small example (minimum.cpp) with cplex (by just replacing
OsiClpSolverInterface by OsiCpxSolverInterface), a segmentation fault
appears. It seems that the problem comes from the implementation of OSI.
I compile CBC (and thus OSI) using

./configure
--with-cplex-lib="-L/usr/ilog/cplex90/lib/i86_linux2_glibc2.3_gcc3.2/static_pic
-lcplex" --with-cplex-incdir="/usr/ilog/cplex90/include/ilcplex"
--enable-static -C --disable-cplex-libcheck

Solving the linear relaxation of the problem with the cplex solver
interface works well but the MIP resolution does not work. Do I make a
mistake when I compile cbc or when I use the cplex solver interface or
is cplex is no more compatible with OSI when this latter is used in
integer resolution? In this case, how can I face this problem since I
really need to use cplex as linear solver (because CLP needs much more
computation time than cplex)?

Thanks for any reply,
Cheers,

--