[Osi] uflOSI in MSVS 8 or 9

dana at housedonors.com dana at housedonors.com
Tue Aug 11 22:29:19 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I am new to COIN-OR and am trying to build the uflOSI example from Ted
Ralphs, Matthew Saltzman, and Matthew Galati.  Unfortunately it looks
like the example was last built with MSVS 6 - when I try to open I am
prompted to convert the project and then told the file is corrupt.  I
tried to manually build the project but ran into a series of problems.
  The first, missing Cgl files, was easily remedied by adding the
files.  The second, a series of unresolved external symbols, I could
not figure out.  I have included the exact error at the bottom of the
message.  Can someone offer me advice on how to fix this or find a
more recent version of the uflOSI example?

Thank you,
Dana

ufl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall CglProbing::CglProbing(void)" (??0CglProbing@@QAE at XZ)
referenced in function "private: int __thiscall
UFL::generate_cuts_CGL(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> > *)"
(?generate_cuts_CGL at UFL@@AAEHPAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@@Z)
ufl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall CglOddHole::CglOddHole(void)" (??0CglOddHole@@QAE at XZ)
referenced in function "private: int __thiscall
UFL::generate_cuts_CGL(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> > *)"
(?generate_cuts_CGL at UFL@@AAEHPAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@@Z)
ufl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall CglSimpleRounding::CglSimpleRounding(void)"
(??0CglSimpleRounding@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function "private: int
__thiscall UFL::generate_cuts_CGL(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> > *)"
(?generate_cuts_CGL at UFL@@AAEHPAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@@Z)
ufl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall CglKnapsackCover::CglKnapsackCover(void)"
(??0CglKnapsackCover@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function "private: int
__thiscall CglTreeInfo::CglTreeInfo(void)" (??0CglTreeInfo@@QAE at XZ)
referenced in function "private: int __thiscall
UFL::generate_cuts_CGL(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> > *)"
(?generate_cuts_CGL at UFL@@AAEHPAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@@Z)
ufl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void
__thiscall CglGomory::setLimit(int)" (?setLimit at CglGomory@@QAEXH at Z)
__thiscall CglGomory::CglGomory(void)" (??0CglGomory@@QAE at XZ)
referenced in function "private: int __thiscall
UFL::generate_cuts_CGL(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> > *)"
(?generate_cuts_CGL at UFL@@AAEHPAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@@Z)
Release/OsiExamplesBasic.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals