[Coin-osi-devel] OsiSolverInterface::copyParameters question (again..)

Jan-Willem Goossens jhmgoossens at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 05:20:45 EST 2008

Hi all, I found two posts in the mail archive about the OsiSolverInterface::copyParameters function, but couldnt find any answers, so I'll have another go..Apologies if this issue was already addressed. The copyParameters, at least between an instance of OsiCbcSolverInterface and a OsiClpSolverInterface doesnt seem to copy anything.I looked at the code, and the issue seems to be that the only implementation of copyParameters is the default implementation in OsiSolverInterface.cpp. This simply copies the values in its Param arrays (like intParam_). Unfortunately, however, these arrays are NOT used by OsiCbc or OsiClp to store values. Rather, these two just pass any setting on to the underlying modelPtr. (If I understand the code correctly) One way to implement this in the base class would be to just iteratively call the GetxxParam and SetxxParams, and not just copy the (unused) settings arrays.
This is not only an issue for the copyParameters method, but also other base class implementations, such as setInitialData.
 Regards, Jan-Willem Goossens