[Coin-osi-devel] More params, glpk 4.9, mip gap

Kendall Bailey krbailey at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 16:25:28 EST 2006

In general how does a solver expose additional parametric options?
For example, the glpk v4.9 library has both lpx_integer() and
lpx_intopt().  How can OsiGlpkSolverInterface be extended to make both
of these available?  I've done it by utilizing the OsiSolverName
string parameter value.  If I call setStrParam(OsiStrParam, "intopt")
then the lpx_intopt() function is called from branchAndBound().  This
doesn't extend well to other options I'd like to pass through the Osi
interface.

Is there a way, or how would one add a way to pass in a relative mip
gap termination criteria?  What would the solution status be when the
gap is achieved?

Thanks,
Kendall