[Coin-osi-devel] Turning presolve off with OsiXpr

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon Jun 12 14:07:53 EDT 2006

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Francois Margot wrote:

> How do I get Xpress to turn off preprocessing? I use:
>
>    si->setHintParam(OsiDoPresolveInInitial, false, OsiForceDo);
>
> where si is a pointer to an OsiXprSolverInterface object.
> But this has no effect, apparently. I can not find a
> setHintParam() method in OsiXprSolverInterface. Is this missing
> or does the code in OsiSolverInterface::setHintParam be enough?

Most SIs (XPRESS included) don't respect hints.  The most straightforward
thing is to hook the problem object and call the appropriate XPRESS
function directly.  Unfortunately, it looks like the current XPRESS
implementation doesn't support that directly.

You want something akin to The OsiCpx getEnvironmentPtr().  I'd implement
it, but I no longer have an XPRESS license.  If you would like to, it
would be appreciated.

 		Matt

--
 		Matthew Saltzman