[Coin-osi-devel] re: a very simple question about OSI under VS2005

J P Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 5 21:37:04 EDT 2006

Pan,Zhendong wrote:

> I am trying to use OSIclp to solve some LP problems under VC.

How are you trying to use OsiClp?
Are you trying to compile a prograrm that invokes OsiClp methods?

Why don't you just run the clp.exe distributed with
coin-win32-msvc7-13Feb06-compiled.zip?
This is probably a much simpler way to solve an LP problem in an mps
format.

> 1>Linking...
> 1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP80D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: void __thiscall
> std::basic_ios<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::setstate(int,bool)"
> (?setstate@?$basic_ios at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@QAEXH_N at Z) already
> defined in libCoin.lib(CoinPackedMatrix.o)

My guess is that this has something to do with using the wrong runtime
library (single threaded or multithreaded), using precompiled header
files, or the linker thinks you are building a c program when you are
building a c++ (or vice versa).

These are just guesses, I don't know for sure.
I don't yet have the Version 8 compiler so I'm not in a position to try it.

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcp.lib'

This is a Microsoft library.
On my machine it is found at:
  - Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib
  - Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\lib

Perhaps it is no longer distributed with the V8 compiler.
If this is the case, then you may not be able to link with the libraries in
coin-win32-msvc7-13Feb06-compiled.zip.

---

I wish I could be more help.