[Coin-osi-devel] the OsiCpx implementation of setColSolution doesn't set the MIP solution

Vernon Austel austel at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 1 11:36:11 EDT 2006

Hello,

In our project it turns out to be useful to supply an initial integer
solution, even for cplex.  However, the OsiCpx implementation of
setColSolution method only sets the solution for the cplex LP solver, not
the cplex MIP solver.

I wrote a clumsy patch to OsiCpxSolverInterface.cpp to do this which is
good enough for the purpose of our project, but it would be better if
OsiCpx were officially updated.

It may be that setColSolution isn't intended to do this; if so, hopefully
someone can tell me how to do it.

Vernon Austel
914-945-3309