[Coin-osi-devel] More params, glpk 4.9, mip gap

Brady Hunsaker hunsaker at engr.pitt.edu
Mon Apr 10 11:01:54 EDT 2006

Kendall,

Thanks for your interest and contribution.  In the release notes in GLPK
4.9, the author stated that in some cases lpx_integer does better than
lpx_intopt, but my understanding is that lpx_intopt is expected to be
better more often--at least on hard instances.  So it probably makes
sense to switch to it in OsiGlpk.  I just haven't made the time to make
the change and test it yet.

Does this affect your AMPL interface at all?  It seems that if you are
using OSI routines, then it shouldn't matter what's happening behind the
scenes.

Brady