[Osi-managers] Osi/stable/0.98

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Jan 9 14:54:00 EST 2008

Laci, et al.,

> Why don't you create a subdir (say, stable-full/0.98) in the Osi repository
> where you have all the stuff and keep stable/0.98 small?

	Actually, I'm having an ongoing debate with Ted along similar lines. It
started with the whole `circular external' bit w.r.t DyLP and Osi, and has
widened a bit since then.  One alternative is to provide an `Osi-heavy', which
provides all OsiXXX and all associated open-source solvers, and an `Osi-light'
which is only Osi (no solvers at all).  Users could then acquire exactly the
solvers of their choice.

	Ted and I are scheduled to telecon on Friday, and I'm up to my ears with
semester startup and Osi/stable/0.98, so don't expect serious action this week.
But I should have some ideas on how to proceed come the beginning of next week,
and can float them on osi-managers and/or osi-devel for comment.

	For that matter, if any of you have opinions, now's a great time to
speak up.

							Lou