[OS] ASL for AMPL

Choon-Meng Lee leechoonmeng at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 01:17:06 EDT 2015

I am trying to run OSSolverService nl diet.nl but encountered the problem

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
href="OSrL.xslt"?>
<osrl xmlns="os.optimizationservices.org"   xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
os.optimizationservices.org
http://www.optimizationservices.org/schemas/2.0/OSrL.xsd" >
<general>
<generalStatus type="error">
</generalStatus>
<message>nl file specified locally but ASL not present</message>
</general>
</osrl>

I found out that the ASL is not included due to licensing issue and needs
to be compiled separately. I followed the steps and managed to generate
amplsolver.a. The question I have is: where do I place amplsolver.a to make
OSSolverService accept an nl file? Since I am working in the Windows
environment, do I need to rename amplsolver.a to amplsolver.lib?

Many thanks for your kind attention.

CM