[OS] Small patch for cross-compiling

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 21 12:19:46 EST 2015

Hi all,

I've attached a small patch that I'd appreciate someone taking a look at and
committing if you agree. There's a check in OS/configure.ac that sets the
WIN_ or MACOSX_ defines for either Windows or Mac respectively. At the
moment this check is based on $build, but that is actually incorrect for
cross-compiling. It should use $host.

I'm setting up cross-compilation of OS and almost all of its dependencies
(the only ones I haven't done yet are DyLP, Vol, SYMPHONY, and Bcp - if
someone asks I could do those too) using the openSUSE build service here:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:kelman:mingw-coinor

These are cross-compiling from Linux to create Windows DLL's and EXE's using
the MinGW-w64 compilers. Everything up to Cbc has already been submitted at
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/windows:mingw:win64 and we've been
using these binaries for Windows installation of the Cbc wrapper package in
Julia. I'm splitting up each subcomponent and building them independently,
so this doesn't give you one monolithic installer like CoinAll does. There's
a package in Julia designed to conveniently install these cross-compiled
rpm's along with their dependencies. I've seen a Python script that can do
the same thing, and I've started writing equivalent scripts in PowerShell
and bash but those aren't completely done.

Anyway, I'll send a separate email shortly with an unrelated technical
question / potential patch to a different part of the code.

Thanks,
Tony