[OS] Problem with many repeated quadratic coefficients segfaulting on completion

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 5 23:33:45 EDT 2015

I've tried this with OS 2.10.0, trunk rev 5051, and 2.9.2, all of them solve
this problem successfully but give a "During startup program terminated with
signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault." I can't get gdb to give me a useful
backtrace even when OS is configured with --enable-debug, it seems like the
problem is actually getting solved successfully since I get an osrl output
with an optimal solution from Ipopt. And this only seems to happen on Ubuntu
15.04, when I run the same problem on 14.04 it's fine. So this may be
version-of-GCC-dependent.

The osil file is available at
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/3b952ed1717b73eae58d/raw/problem.osil,
it's an 8-variable QP but many of the quadraticCoefficients are repeated
many times from the modeling layer. We don't have a presolve right now to
eliminate those, so the duplication may be causing this issue.

Let me know if I can provide any more info.

Thanks,
Tony