[OS] Java: how to start?

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Thu Jan 28 08:39:37 EST 2010

Quoting Olivier Cailloux <olivier.cailloux at ecp.fr>:

> Oops, missing the xml file, sorry.
>
> Thank you for your fast answer.
>
> Kipp Martin a écrit :
>> Hi Olivier:
>>
>> First, thank you very much for your interest in OS.
>>

> I made several more tries but am still unable to find what is my
> mistake. I am trying to input the following model.
> /* Decision variables */
> var gjb2 >=0;
> var gjb3 >=0;
> var s2 >= 0;
> var s3 >= 0;
> /* Objective function */
> minimize sumofslack: s2 + s3;
> /* Constraints */
> s.t. lowcat : gjb2 + s2 = 3;
> s.t. highcat : gjb3 - s3 - 0.1 = 3;
> end;
>
> Attached is the xml osil file I obtained with one of my tries. I don't
> see why it is incorrect. (It uses column layout instead of row but I
> also tried with row layout with no success.)

I am not sure what you mean when you say "it is incorrect". The file is valid
under the OSiL schema and, from what I can tell, transcribes the given
problem.
What sort of errors do you experience? Does the parser report an error? Is the
solution nonsensical?

Cheers

gus gassmann